In BSF this year we are studying the book of Isaiah. When I heard about that I kind of thought we were just studying bible history. I knew there were lots of prophecies of Jesus in it but I didn't know it would challenge us on all levels.
Do we trust God? do we REALLY trust Him? do we REALLY trust Him with EVERYTHING?
When we worship Him, do we worship Him with our whole heart or do we just go through the motions? Are our hearts engaged in our bible reading, prayer, and worship?
Do we think if we offer the right kind of sacrifices, do the right kind of good deeds, or perform enough traditional rituals that we can appease God or earn our salvation?
When it says that we need to take our "evil out of God's sight" (Isa 1:16) isn't that kind of impossible? Where exactly is the place that God can't see?
Are we ready for some spiritual housecleaning?
It's kind of scary and exciting...scary because of what I know I'll find, exciting because I know what God can do with it. It is my prayer that all of us will be honest and transparent as we are challenged to take a deep look at what God wants us to do with every area of our lives, that we will be willing to trust each of those aspects of our lives to Him, and that we will share the message of His incredible gift of salvation with others.
"Come now, let us reason together," says the Lord. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool" (Isaiah 1:18).
No comments:
Post a Comment