Friday, September 10, 2010

Count your blessings, name them one by one...

There are so many people and things in my life that fill me with joy and make me thankful:
  • Robert – who cheerfully picks up my slack in every single area of our lives. I honestly do not know how I could possibly cope without him.  He gets up early to make breakfast & lunches for the kids. (This is a huge deal to me b/c morning is usually my worst time.) I am so thankful that he does this every single day! He faithfully does the laundry, cleans the house, gets the groceries...and so much more! 
  • Our kids who each in their own way gives me energy to keep going.  They are each precious in a different way and I love their uniqueness.
  • Loving family members - so thankful for them, their care & love, their encouragement & most of all, their faithful prayers.
  • Church family - the way they come alongside us no matter what's going on & how they do that for everyone in the church family - what a blessing!
  • The multitude of friends for their care and love, whether we see them often or not, we always know that they still care and we can pick up where we left off whenever we do see each other 
  • Dr Ross - my family doctor whose strong Christian character makes me know that prayer guides his practice.
  • The fact that God is teaching me a deep lesson through all this and is so patient as I learn it
  • The fact that joy is not about our circumstances but about what God has in mind for us, how He makes everything work together for our spiritual good, what it means that His son died on the cross for me and what His promise is concerning eternity for all those who believe in Him. (John 3:16)
"In everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you" (I Th 5:18)

1 comment:

  1. You just say it so well, so much of this lives in my heart, I just don't ever know how to put it into words! Love ya dear sister!

    ReplyDelete