Well, in spite of a whirlwind week of obstacles, Jeremy & Bailey's wedding is scheduled for tomorrow! The church and reception hall are decorated, tuxes and bridesmaid dresses are ready to be worn, and Jeremy & Bailey's eyes are sparkling with excitement!!
So much has happened in the last week, that it's hard to even list it all. If you would have told me last week what the Stam family would have to deal with, I am quite sure that I would have doubted my ability or stamina to cope. Looking back now, I see how God provided amazing strength and protection to all of us affected by the accident.
Tonight we are at a hotel in Bellingham with the bridal party. While we're joyful that we've reached this day, we definitely miss Jordan a lot and pray that he will be given the strength to cope with his disappointment of not being able to stand up with Jeremy tomorrow. We know how important it was for Jeremy to have all the "Stam" guys in his bridal party and how excited Jordan was to be asked to be part of that. It's sometimes hard to get perspective. On the one hand, we're so thankful that he has healed and recovered way beyond what we dared to hope for, but, on the other hand, we realize that missing a wedding is different than missing a birthday, which you can hopefully participate in the following year.
All in all, we are so thrilled that Jeremy & Bailey will be joined in Holy Matrimony tomorrow!! I will post pictures of the wedding as soon as I can.
Thank you for all your love and prayers
No comments:
Post a Comment