Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Gold or Silver?

I'm sure we've all heard the little rhyme,

"Make new friends but keep the old.  One is silver and the other gold."

This has proven true in a marvelous way in my life when I recently reconnected with my best friend from high school. After graduation our lives took us in different directions and we kind of lost touch for a bit.  We still chatted whenever we saw each other but the deep friendship that God blessed us with during our high school years wasn't quite what it used to be.  This year, however, this dear girl has become a very close friend again and I am so deeply grateful to God for this amazing blessing! She's a delightful person who always wants God to be her Focus, her Strength, her Guide and the One Who is always glorified!

She is the only one who always called me, "Sam" (so I guess that makes me "Sam Stam" now!) We've had lunch, phone calls, etc where we chatted heart-to-heart, erasing all the years of void.  What a precious gift!

This is just one of the many blessings this year has held for me but it's special and it's such a "God" thing that I just stand amazed (once again!).

No comments:

Post a Comment