Nick is a son of our dear friends, Steve & Kathy. Sarah and Zach are his siblings. They are a very special family and it's no accident that God chose this family for Nick. Even before Nick was born, Steve and Kathy knew that he had spina bifida. Since the day of his birth, he has astounded medical personnel as they exclaim over the fact that he can move his arms, talk, and breathe on his own - all things they predicted he wouldn't be able to do because of how high his lesion was. Not only is Nick able to do all of these things, he's also been blessed with a very sharp mind and a quick wit. He's a joy to know and it's been an honour to walk alongside him and his family through the numerous surgeries that he's had to undergo. Their care for Nick through it all, has been remarkable - they would not leave one stone unturned in helping him achieve his potential in all areas of life. Nick's enthusiasm is contagious!
 |
| Nick giving his testimony |
Yesterday were were invited to attend a service at their church as Nick was going to be baptised. What an incredible time that was. Nick had a testimony that brought honour and glory to God (and tears to everyone's eyes). Because he is a wheelchair kid - his dad had to carry him into the baptismal font..also very touching.
 |
| Our dear friends on a very special day. |
There have been so many rough days for Nick (and his family) and it was just amazing to hear Nick testify that, through those tough times, his faith grew and was strengthened "dramatically" and that he felt God with him through everything!
It's always nice to get together with these special friends and yesterday was no exception.
 |
Zach, Nick, & Matt
(Zach & Matt were born the same day in the same hospital,
delivered by the same surgeon but Zach is 1 hr older than
Matt - another special time our families could share:) |
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." (Psalm 139:13-16)
Beautiful, Sandra, I am sure they are very grateful for your supportive friendship.
ReplyDeleteGood job with the blog!
Andrea
Sandra, I got mine at Superstore for $3.25 on Monday morning. Maybe I was there earlier than you?
ReplyDeleteThis was a special post. Thank you for sharing.
Ps. Sorry I deleted the last post but I wanted to edit it and I couldn't figure out how :)